Membership Values & Benefits
- Display the Chamber membership plaque at your business. FREE!
- Contribute a post for the weekly Chamber Chatter in the local newspaper. FREE!
- Network at monthly mixers. FREE!
- Subscribe to the Chamber’s Tuesday Member News for event updates. FREE!
- Secure an ad in Tuesday Member News. FREE!
- Join a Chamber committee. FREE!
- Schedule a Ribbon Cutting for everything from a grand opening to a re-opening. FREE!
- Be featured in the Member Spotlight of the Chamberline monthly newsletter. FREE!
- Post special events on social media. FREE!
- Attend professional development seminars (ex. Lunch n’ Learns). Free to attend. Lunch on your own.
- Attend and sponsor major events from the Annual Awards Banquet to the Annual Golf Tournament and more.
- Advertise in the Chamberline monthly newsletter or place an insert – Member must provide insert.
- Make use of the member mailing list for a marketing campaign.
- Sign up for the OnDemand Energy Solutions program.
- Host a mixer.
- Utilize ChamberChoice health and/or business insurance services.
- Opportunity to participate with Downtown Organizations Investing Together (D.O.I.T.)
Training Breakfast & Lunches
The Shippensburg Area Chamber of Commerce, in association with several other organizations such as the Small Business Development Center, periodically holds training and informational sessions to keep Chamber members informed about the local economy and events. Some of these sessions are free to Chamber members.
Referrals & Networking
The Chamber of Commerce gives Chamber members plenty of opportunities to network and socialize through Chamber events. Events such as mixers, breakfasts, information sessions, etc. are ideal places to network and spread the word about your business. As a Chamber member, you are also part of a vast referral system. Member-to-member referrals provide for the best type of advertising available—”word of mouth.”
Mixers are an ideal place to network and spread word about your business. Mixers are sponsored by a vast array of Chamber members, from automobile dealerships, to banks, from restaurants to realtors. The Mixers are planned to coincide with the seasons of the year, and many major holidays, perfect times to spend time with friends and business associates. Of course, food and good conversation are included with every Mixer.
The Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet is a time to take pride in the success of your business. All Chamber members are invited to attend. There is good food, award presentations, and of course, dancing with fellow members and friends of the Chamber.
The Golf Tournament is a chance for Chamber members to advertise their business and support the Chamber, and it is a chance for everyone else to enjoy a relaxing round of golf. Held in the fall, it is a great way to celebrate the coming of a beautiful fall with your local Chamber.
The Chamber of Commerce, in association with various other businesses such as the Small Business Development Center, hold seminars on everything from starting a business to learning how to make more profit. These seminars are incredibly helpful for everyone, from the brand-new entrepreneur to the seasoned business giant.
See upcoming events for a comprehensive list of Chamber-related events.
News and Events Listing
As a member, the Chamber of Commerce is at your service. The Chamber is available to help spread word about your events through fliers and brochures. We place your brochures in the Shippensburg town kiosk outside the Post Office.
Advertising and Promotion
Get your message out while supporting Chamber services. The Chamber now offers local businesses several avenues for promotion. Ad space is distributed on a first-come-first-serve basis, though members are given priority and discounted rates. Non-members can participate as space allows.
The Shippensburg Area Chamber of Commerce Business Directory is a helpful resource for anyone looking to find their way around Shippensburg. Chamber members and Shippensburg citizens alike find the directory useful and convenient. As a chamber member, your business will be listed in the annual Business Directory along with contact information and a description of your business. Each year when we print the new directory, Chamber members are also able to purchase ad space for their business. The Chamber of Commerce Business Directory is a great way to advertise and gain customers for your business.
Members also benefit from a listing in our online membership directory, so your business can be located at Shippensburg.org by name or category. Your online listing provides a 24/7 Web presence for your business or organization around the world that that can be found through search engines like Google and Yahoo!, which is especially useful for members without Web sites of their own.
ChamberChoice is the amazing choice for health insurance and employee benefits in Central Pennsylvania, offering superior insurance along with tremendous value-added services, creating for you a complete employee benefits program.
- Exclusive to Chamber Members
- Highly competitive and superior medical program through Highmark Blue Shield
- Dental and vision plans
- $15,000 term life policy for each employee enrolled in a medical plan
- Online human resource tools
- Wellness and healthy lifestyle information
- COBRA administration
- Integrated and electronic billing
- FSA, HSA and HRA administration
- Toll-free dedicated service representation
ChamberChoice Energy Program managed by OnDemand Energy
The Chamber is committed to helping its members save money and mitigate increases due to the rising cost of energy. OnDemand Energy’s primary intent is helping their business customers manage energy needs both on the supply and demand side of the meter. They offer professional energy procurement consulting that allows their clients to continue focusing on their core business needs. OnDemand offers the broadest array of electrical choice, including customized products and strategies. A ChamberChoice Residential Energy Program is also available to chamber member employees and their friends and family. This is a great way to bring value to your employees without touching your bottom line. For more information, please call 866.699.9968 or visit our website at www.ondemandenergy.com
Chamber Plus helps your business insurance to earn dividends.
- Exclusive to Chamber Members
- All-lines dividend (excluding umbrella and bonds). Dividend payments are based on total group program premium and claims experience of eligible lines. As program grows, so does dividend potential.
- Enhanced coverage on auto, business owners, property, workers compensation, and general liability – giving you added protection at no additional cost.
- Equipment breakdown coverage automatically included with business owners and property policies.
- Information and services to help reduce losses – the payoff is greater dividend potential.
- Outstanding, local claim and customer support service
Contact your local Chamber Member Insurance Agencies for more information: Bell Insurance (717-532-4154), Craig Friedly Potter & Moore Insurance Agency (717-762-3147) and Strickler Agency, Inc. (800-503-8908).